Bristol Short Story Prize – an annual international writing competition open to all published and unpublished, UK and non-UK based writers. They publish an annual anthology of the winning stories as well as presenting cash prizes.
The Bristol Short Story Prize aims to publish great short stories and promote the stories and writers as much as possible. Discovering previously unpublished writers is central to their aims and they are absolutely committed to celebrating the short story genre and making it accessible and available to as wide an audience as possible.
The Bristol Short Story Prize was founded by the editors of the quarterly cultural magazine Bristol Review of Books in 2007.
Authors may enter as many stories as they like. There is an entry fee of £8 for each story submitted to the 2018 Bristol Short Story Prize.
Prizes for 2018 are:
- 1st prize-£1000
- 2nd prize -£700
- 3rd prize -£400
- Each of the 17 remaining shortlisted writers will receive £100.
- Also each of the 2018 Bristol Short Story Prize shortlisted authors will receive 2 free copies of the paperback version of Bristol Short Story Prize Anthology Volume 11 and will be able to purchase further copies at a discount of 50%. All 2018 Bristol Short Story prize shortlisted writers will be able to purchase any number of copies of any volume of Bristol Short Story Prize Anthologies at a discount of 50%.
- Entrants must be over 16 years old on the closing date, May 1st 2018.
- All entries must be in English.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Go to given apply link and follow the steps for online entry.
- You can also enter the competition by post. Check the given link and download the form for postal entry.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2018
Apply Here: https://www.bristolprize.co.uk/online-entry/