25 October – 27 October 2017
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission is calling for applications from KZN residing film producers to be part of the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission delegation that will be attending the DISCOP Johannesburg 2017.
DISCOP Johannesburg has become the world’s number one destination to acquire and co-produce content “Made in Africa” and sell international film, television and digital content, adaptation rights and packaged TV channels into Sub-Saharan Africa. 1,000+ acquisition, development, production and distribution executives from 70+ countries will converge in Johannesburg for three days of deal-making, knowledge-transfer and networking opportunities. 250+ public and commercial broadcasters, cable, satellite and mobile pay-tv operators, VOD platforms and territorial distributors servicing the fast-growing Sub-Saharan marketplace will also be in attendance seeking innovative content, fresh ideas and cross-border projects.
The call for applications is open from 21 September – 04 October 2017
Applications must include the following:
– A fully completed KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission markets and festivals application form
– All accompanying valid documents as per requirements on the application form
– A motivation to attend the market
– Demonstration of how your attendance will assist your business and or your desired outcomes from your attendance of the festival
– A copy of your valid passport
– Invitation is only open to producers (not writers and directors) with Producer’s package ready for funding. Producers must submit the Producer’s package.
– Detailed CV of the Producer.
Successful applicants will be an notified a week after close of the call.
Submit your applications to Nokuthula Shongwe at: NokuthulaS@kwazulunatalfilm.co.za or Lungile Duma at LungileD@kwazulunatalfilm.co.za for enquiries kindly contact Nokuthula on 031 325 0227.