The New Media Writing Prize (NMWP) showcases exciting and inventive stories that integrate a variety of formats, platforms, and digital media. This international prize is now in its 9th year. The prize encourages and promotes the best in new media writing and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written’ word and storytelling.
The NMWP has attracted entries from the very best and most innovative writers in the field. For the 2018 competition there will be four prizes: The if:book UK New Media Writing Award, the Unicorn Student Award, the Dot Award, and the Cision Journalism Award.
- Unicorn Student Award: a paid work-placement of 3 months at Unicorn Training, Bournemouth, UK, or £500 in cash if the winner is unable to take up the internship.
- if:book UK New Media Writing Prize: £1000 donated by if:book UK, where the winner may also be a student
- The Journalism Award: £750 for the winner.
- The Dot Award: £500 and development support, offered by if:book UK.
- Whether you’re a student, a professional, an artist, a writer, a developer, a designer or an enthusiast, the competition is open to all.
- It’s also an international competition, open to all outside the UK.
- Entries do need to be in English.
To apply and for more information visit here