Deadline: May 24, 2020
Entries are invited for the Global Peace Photo Award 2020 for Photographers worldwide. The Global Peace Photo Award recognizes and promotes photographers from all over the world whose pictures capture human efforts towards a peaceful world and the quest for beauty and goodness in our lives. The award goes to those photographs that best express the idea that our future lies in peaceful coexistence.
The Global Peace Photo Award (formerly the Alfred Fried Photography Award) is organized by Edition Lammerhuber in partnership with Photographische Gesellschaft (PHG), UNESCO, Austrian Parliament, Austrian Parliamentary Reporting Association, International Press Institute (IPI), German Youth Photography Award and the World Press Photo Foundation.
- The top five listed photographers will be awarded the Alfred Fried Peace Medal.
- The Peace Image of the Year will receive €10,000.
- The winning picture will be on display for one year at the Austrian Parliament and will be included in the permanent art collection of the Austrian Parliament.
- All winners will be invited to Vienna to the award ceremony at the Austrian Parliament on September 17, 2020.
- The Global Peace Photo Award is open to all photographers from anywhere in the world.
- Digital submissions must be saved as .jpg, with more than 3000 pixels on the longest side.
- Images must not include any embedded marks, logos, names or borders.
- Photographs that are part of a reportage on a topic must not be manipulated in a way that changes the meaning of the picture. For other entries, we accept digitally edited images and photo montages if they serve to explore a theme creatively. All digitally edited images must make clear what has been done to them in the captions that accompany the images.
You upload your entry as a .jpg file or files. You can make changes to your entries or delete them at any time prior to the deadline. You need to finalise and submit your entry before the entry deadline.
For more information, visit
Global Peace Photo Award