The organisation, which had its debut competition in April, is courtesy of South African singer, actress and musical theatre coach Lisa Bobbert. Starz at Home invites participants between the ages of five and 19 to submit entries here in any of the following categories:
- Musical variety.
How it works
- Registration is R50 per solo category (5 to 19 years) and R100 for a family (two or more people in an item, no age restriction).
- Upon registration, participants should click on the My Tickets tab where they will find a barcoded ticket. The barcode number will be the entry number and each item entered will have its own unique number.
- Film a 90-second video. Start by introducing yourself followed by your performance.
- Join the Starz at Home official Facebook page and upload your video. In the comments section, write your name, age, province and ticket number (barcode number).
- Once your video is uploaded, send and share to all your friends. There is a Fan Favourite prize for the video with the most likes and shares.
Bobbert and other judges are looking for:
- Something special.
- The ability to radiate a love for performing.
The competition will award:
- Best overall performance (1st, 2nd and 3rd).
- Category winners.
- Fan Favourite – the video that gets the most likes and shares.
- Triple Treat – the contestant who shines in three or more categories
The deadline for entries and uploads is 30 September and the winners will be announced on 15 October.
For enquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail).
View original call here.