Deadline: September 15, 2020
Are you a content creator – a writer, illustrator, social media creator, photographer, radio producer – who believes in building a better world? Are you between 16 and 24? Apply now for the UNICEF Youth Mediathon 2020
The UNICEF Youth Mediathon is an online event that will give you the opportunity to improve your skills as a content creator, connect with other creatives, and develop content about the issues affecting young people today.
Hosted on October 23 and 24, this two-day Mediathon will involve young creators from around the world, who will work in online groups of 4-6 to execute one project per team – be it a podcast, a video series on social media, a suite of blogs, a comic strip, or a photo essay. Each team will work with a mentor under one of the proposed themes:
- Reimagining the Future of Work and Education
- Reimagining a More Sustainable World
- Reimagining the Future of Wellbeing
- Reimagining an Future Without Discrimination
60 applicants will win the chance to:
- Attend digital workshops with top international partners;
- Receive mentorship from experienced professionals in your creative field;
- Team up with other young change makers from around the world;
- Have your work published on Voices of Youth and other leading content platforms.
The Voices of Youth team will select a group of 60 young creators from around the world. To apply you must have:
- Pre-existing experience in content creation;
- Fluency in English or Spanish;
- An internet connection (as all of the sessions will be conducted remotely);
- Be aged 16-24.
Whoever you are, this is your chance to have your work seen by more people than ever before. Fill and submit the form before September 15 to be chosen.