Deadline: June 16, 2021
The UNESCO International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD) 2021 is now accepting applications. The IFCD is a voluntary multi-donor fund that supports the emergence of diverse cultural sectors in developing countries. It was developed under the 2005 Convention on the Security and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions.
The IFCD is joining the celebration of the International Year of the Creative Economy for Sustainable Development this year by calling for initiatives that seek to make significant contributions to the creative economy in developed countries that are Parties to the 2005 Convention.
- A maximum of $100,000 USD can be requested.
- Public authorities and institutions from eligible countries (developing countries, Parties to the 2005 Convention).
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from eligible countries (developing countries, Parties to the 2005 Convention)
- International non-governmental organizations (INGOs) registered in countries Parties to the 2005 Convention.
The IFCD invests in projects that lead to structural change through:
- the introduction and/or elaboration of policies and strategies that have a direct effect on the creation, production, distribution of and access to a diversity of cultural expressions, including cultural goods, services and activities;
- the reinforcement of human and institutional capacities of public sector and civil society organizations, deemed necessary to support viable local and regional cultural industries and markets in developing countries.
To prepare your application, download the following documents:
- Annotated Guide
- Project Framework Form (for Microsoft Excel (2011 or later versions) or similar applications)
- Complementary Documents
- List of eligible countries