Artscape is delighted to announce a public call for applications for all theatre and performing arts practitioners and story-tellers interested in the staging of new work for our 2020 New Voices season to be staged in October 2020. Scriptwriters and storytellers are hereby invited to submit their full texts for consideration.
WHAT ARTSCAPE IS LOOKING FOR:
- South African and African content by South Africans/Africans;
- Only Western Cape-based individuals may submit applications;
- Only new work that has not yet been performed anywhere, may be submitted;
- Works may be submitted in English, isi-Xhosa or Afrikaans, or a combination of two or three of the aforementioned;
- All submitted work may have a minimum of ONE and a maximum of FIVE performers;
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO:
A theatrical story of national significance to South Africa/Africa: this is a broad specification, so be guided by what you feel is of relevance to our country/this city;
- Work that aims to reclaim and restore marginalised aesthetics, content and language in arts and performances;
- Stories that deal with issues of a social, cultural, heritage, identity, gender or language, reflecting our diverse society;
- Work that aims to reclaim and restore dignity and confidence to individuals and communities that have been disregarded and under-represented in the past;
- Work that adds something new and fresh to the theatrical landscape.
The closing date to send in an application is 28th February 2020
Interested applicants may forward their short (no more than one page) resumés and full text to email@example.com with the subject line: APPLICATION: NEW VOICES 2020